Guidelines for Inclusion on HKIAC Panel of Adjudicators
Persons who wish to be considered for inclusion in HKIAC Panel of Adjudicators should read the following information carefully and submit the required documentation.
HKIAC Panel Listing Requirements for Adjudicators
An adjudicator who wishes to be considered for inclusion on HKIAC Panel of Adjudicators must demonstrate to the HKIAC Panel Selection Committee (the HKIAC Panel Selection Committee) the following:
- Substantial adjudication/arbitration experience as adjudicator/arbitrator;
- Satisfactory completion of a 1-day Adjudication Training and Assessment Course conducted by HKIAC;
- A substantial connection with East Asia;
- Not have been found guilty by a Court or disciplinary tribunal of misconduct which in the opinion of HKIAC calls into question his or her ability to act as adjudicator;
- Be under 75 years of age.
- Substantial Adjudication Experience A Hong Kong resident candidate can qualify to join the Panel of Adjudicators on the basis of having acted as adjudicator on domestic or international cases. A non-Hong Kong resident candidate can qualify to join the Panel of Adjudicators on the basis of having acted as adjudicator on international cases.
- 1-day Adjudication Training and Assessment Course conducted by HKIAC Non-Hong Kong resident candidate need not attend a 1-day Adjudication Training and Assessment Course conducted by HKIAC if they are able to demonstrate that they have attended a similar course elsewhere and that they are fully conversant with HKIAC Adjudication Rules. An assessment fee of HK$1,000.00 will be required from candidates seeking exemption from HKIAC's course.
- References may be requested at the discretion of HKIAC Panel Selection Committee.
- For further details, please refer to the application Form PA1(A). HKIAC reserves the right to include on the panel the names of adjudicators who, although not fully satisfying the above criteria 1, 2 and 3 above, do have language skills, technical skills or particular expertise not otherwise available.