The Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre is recruiting a Counsel/Deputy Counsel to join the Secretariat in Hong Kong.
The successful applicant should possess the following qualifications:
- Advanced university degree in law;
- Professional experience in international dispute settlement such as experience in a law firm, arbitral institution and/or acting as tribunal secretary;
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin) preferred;
- Excellent legal analysis, drafting skills, and attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational skills (an ability to prioritise work, reliably manage multiple commitments, and work autonomously);
- A pro-active, highly responsible and problem-solving work ethic; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to work effectively in a team setting.
The individual’s main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Administering arbitrations under the HKIAC’s auspices (including all versions of the HKIAC Administered Arbitration Rules and the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules);
- Handling requests for HKIAC services in ad hoc or fund-holding matters;
- Acting as tribunal secretary in cases conducted under HKIAC’s auspices;
- Assisting with the development of HKIAC practices, policy, and initiatives;
- Undertaking legal research on various topics in the field of international dispute settlement;
- Publishing articles on current issues in international arbitration;
- Representing HKIAC at external meetings and events;
- Handling arbitration-related queries by email or telephone;
- Promoting the services of HKIAC through public speaking engagements; and
- Any other work as instructed by the Secretary-General, Deputy Secretaries-General or the Managing Counsel.
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae to Debbie Chong at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application closing date is 30 September 2021. If you are not contacted by HKIAC within 15 business days following this date, you may assume that your application has not been successful.