The case management teams remain fully operational. Most of our staff are currently working remotely and are able to continue their work effectively, including by being contactable by email and phone.
In cases under HKIAC's auspices, documents may be delivered by email or other electronic means pursuant to the applicable rules. The service of hard copy documents continues to be possible, however, please advise your case manager or HKIAC reception in advance to ensure visitors are aware of the necessary precautions (see below).
For case-related enquiries, please contact the case manager directly (details of the Secretariat members can be found here). Alternatively, please call +852 2525 2381 or email one of the following addresses as appropriate: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HKIAC partners with leading legal technology specialists to offer users a comprehensive range of integrated virtual hearing services. These services include: HD video and audio conferencing, online document repositories (including bundles and electronic presentation of evidence), and transcription and interpretation services. Further details can be found here.
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES FOR GUESTS AND STAFF
The health and safety of guests and staff at the Centre is of top priority to us and we have put in place precautionary measures in light of the COVID-19 situation. Subject to these measures, HKIAC's premises at Two Exchange Square, Central, Hong Kong remain operational and accessible for hearings and meetings. Parties may also consider using HKIAC's virtual hearing services, details of which can be found here.
HKIAC's precautionary measures (as of 26 March 2020)
- All guests coming to the Centre are required to complete this Health Declaration Form confirming they: (i) have not travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days; (ii) are not living with someone who has travelled outside of Hong Kong in the past 14 days; (iii) have not, to their knowledge, been in direct contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19; and (iv) are asymptomatic. Guests are required to update HKIAC immediately on any changes to their declaration;
- Any person (including guests and staff) will only be permitted to enter HKIAC's premises if they: (i) have been in Hong Kong continuously for the past 14 days; (ii) are not living with someone who has travelled outside of Hong Kong within the last 14 days; (iii) have not, to their knowledge, been in direct contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19; and (iv) are asymptomatic;
- All persons entering Two Exchange Square, which hosts HKIAC, will be subject to a temperature check. Entry will only be granted to individuals with a temperature below 37.8°C;
- HKIAC has implemented increased cleaning/sterilisation of impacted parts of the Centre;
- All HKIAC front-line service staff will wear face-masks at all times;
- All HKIAC staff will maintain high standards of personal hygiene which includes frequent hand-washing (with sterilising soaps), compulsory when returning from outside of the office or after contact with a person or public surfaces;
- Except for essential operational staff and when case management so requires, HKIAC staff shall work remotely.
We continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation closely.
HKIAC WEBINAR SERIES
To ensure our users remain connected to developments at HKIAC and other arbitration-related matters, HKIAC has launched the "HKIAC Webinar Series".
This series of 60-minute webinars will be held weekly starting 8 April 2020. The series comprises four language tracks: English, Mandarin, Korean, and Russian. Register now here.