The talk aims at providing an introduction to the basic concepts of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (PDPO).
It is hoped that the talk will enable participants to understand how the PDPO will cover a mediation process and to ensure good compliance with the law.
- Identify the concepts of data, data subject and data user
- Six Data Protection Principles
- Exemption provisions under PDPO
- Contravention of the Ordinance – Consequences
- Does the PDPO cover a mediation process?
- How to comply with the PDPO as a mediator?