Mediators work with people who are working with the issues between them.
Mediation is essentially an assisted negotiation and while direct negotiation between the parties is the most efficient way of resolving disputes if this breaks down, the next best option is to involve a neutral third party to assist, utilising a process framework which makes fruitful discussion safe and potentially productive.
How does this happen? While all mediations are unique, at the same time there are some recurrent themes around the people aspects of disputes that can emerge. Mediators use certain skills that can be applied in the business environment.
This seminar provides individuals with the opportunity to explore a more pragmatic approach to negotiation and developing a strategic approach that the negotiator will be able to apply.
By the end of this seminar, participants will have:
- Identified the negotiation phase model
- Analyzed sources of conflict in negotiation
- Identified essential components of effective (active) listening
- Established different approaches in dealing with emotions
- Examined the impact of external influences on negotiation strategy/outcome
- Engaged in individual and group discussi
For more information, please click here