NewsThe Hong Kong Mediation Council will be renamed as the Hong Kong International Mediation Society ("HKIMS"). Please stay tuned for more information in due course.
Origins of the Council
The Hong Kong Mediation Council (HKMC) was set up within the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) in January 1994 to promote the development and use of mediation as a method of resolving disputes. The HKMC is a division of the HKIAC and was previously known as the Mediation Interest Group.
What are our aims?
The Hong Kong Mediation Council is committed to:
- promoting the development and use of mediation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- encouraging collaboration amongst its members and with similar institutions or professional bodies
- facilitating exchange of information and ideas in relation to mediation and other forms of ADR
- training mediators and educating users
What are our activities?
- holding seminars and meetings on various aspects of mediation and other forms of ADR
- publishing newsletters
- co-ordinating the development of mediation through its various interest-groups, (commercial, construction, general, family sector)
Structure of the Council
The Council is run by a committee responsible for coordinating activities and promoting the use of mediation in a wide variety of areas. In addition, there are mediation interest groups concentrating their mediation activities in specialist areas.
Hong Kong Mediation Council Committee Members (session 2020-2021)
|LING Chun Wai||Immediate Past Chairman|
|SIN Kar Yu Jody||Vice-Chairperson|
|CHEUNG Stephanie||Committee Member|
|LAM Wai Pan Wilson||Committee Member|
|LAM Amy||Committee Member|
|LAM Wai Ying Christine||Committee Member|
|LUK David||Committee Member|
|MA Peter||Committee Member|
|MA So So Josephine||Committee Member|
|SUM Ronald||Committee Member|
|TO Christopher||Committee Member|
|YUE Sze Hung Beginla||Committee Member|
Chairpersons of the Mediation Interest Groups
The Hong Kong Mediation Council has active mediation interest groups in the areas of:
|Commercial Mediation||LUK David & MA So So Josephine|
|Construction Mediation||LAI Nelson|
|Family Mediation||MA Peter & LAU Martin|
|General Mediation||YUE Sze Hung Beginla|
To find out more information about the activities of the various mediation interest groups, please contact the Chairpersons of the various interest groups by email email@example.com.