Visa Applications

Seek HKIAC assistance to obtain an employment visa or arbitration or ADR in Hong Kong

HKIAC Support for Employment Visa Applications

Nationals from the People's Republic of China (PRC) and other foreign countries who need to apply for an employment visa for the purposes of participating in arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolutions (ADR) proceedings in Hong Kong, should note the following:

For foreign nationals from other countries, the following documents are required:

  • Completed ID990A (for employment in Hong Kong) or completed ID 91 (for those who have already entered Hong Kong on visitors' status and intend to seek approval from the Director of Immigration to participate in arbitration and/or ADR proceedings in Hong Kong);
  • Copy of the applicant's passport;
  • Letter issued by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre to confirm that the applicant needs to appear in arbitration and/or ADR proceedings in Hong Kong for a certain period of time;
  • Supporting letter from the sponsor company or completed ID990B;
  • Applicant's CV; and
  • Proof of educational qualifications.

You may refer to the “Guidebook for Entry for Employment as Professionals in Hong Kong” for details.

For nationals from the PRC, documentary papers from the sponsoring company are required to testify to the need for the presence of that PRC national in Hong Kong. The difference from the requirements for foreign nationals is that such PRC nationals have to apply for entry for employment through the "Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals". For details, please click here to access the website of the Immigration Department of Hong Kong.

All completed forms and accompanying documentation should be submitted to the Receipt and Despatch Sub-Unit, Immigration Department, 2/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.

Share this