Origins of the Council
The Hong Kong Mediation Council (HKMC) was set up within the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) in January 1994 to promote the development and use of mediation as a method of resolving disputes. The HKMC is a division of the HKIAC and was previously known as the Mediation Interest Group.
As at 6 October 2022, the Hong Kong Mediation Council Limited (HKMCL) has been duly incorporated as a wholly owned subsidiary of the HKIAC.
What are our aims?
The Hong Kong Mediation Council Limited is committed to:
- promoting the development and use of mediation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- encouraging collaboration amongst its members and with similar institutions or professional bodies
- facilitating exchange of information and ideas in relation to mediation and other forms of ADR
- training mediators and educating users of mediation
What are our activities?
- holding seminars and meetings on various aspects of mediation and other forms of ADR
- publishing newsletters
- co-ordinating the development of mediation through its various professional groups known as Mediation Divisions (Genearl, Construction and Family)
Structure of the HKMCL
HKMCL is run by a group of Directors responsible for coordinating activities and promoting the use of mediation in a wide variety of areas. In addition, there are mediation interest groups concentrating their mediation activities in specialist areas.
Directors of Hong Kong Mediation Council Limited (session 2022-2023)
|HO Thomas||Honorary Treasurer|
|LAM Wilson||Honorary Secretary|
|CHAN Ho Ting Mac||Director|
|HO Chun Kit Patrick||Director|
Chairpersons of the sector-specifc Mediation Divisions
The Hong Kong Mediation Council has active professional groups in the areas of:
|General Mediation||LAI Jacky|
|Construction Mediation||CHAN Edwin|
|Family Mediation Division||MA So So Josephine|
To find out more information about the activities of the various Mediation Divisions, please contact the Chairpersons of the various Mediation Divisions by email firstname.lastname@example.org.