Origins of the Council
The Hong Kong Mediation Council (HKMC) was set up within the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) in January 1994 to promote the development and use of mediation as a method of resolving disputes. The HKMC is a division of the HKIAC and was previously known as the Mediation Interest Group.
What are our aims?
The Hong Kong Mediation Council is committed to:
- promoting the development and use of mediation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- encouraging collaboration amongst its members and with similar institutions or professional bodies
- facilitating exchange of information and ideas in relation to mediation and other forms of ADR
- training mediators and educating users
What are our activities?
- holding seminars and meetings on various aspects of mediation and other forms of ADR
- publishing newsletters
- co-ordinating the development of mediation through its various interest-groups, (commercial, construction, general, family sector)
Structure of the Council
The Council is run by a committee responsible for coordinating activities and promoting the use of mediation in a wide variety of areas. In addition, there are mediation interest groups concentrating their mediation activities in specialist areas.
Hong Kong Mediation Council Committee Members
|Man Sing YEUNG||Chairperson|
|Ka Sing Vod CHAN||Vice-Chairperson|
|Yan Yan Cindy FONG||Vice-Chairperson|
|Yun Yee Lily LAI||Honorary Secretary|
|Kar Yu Jody SIN||Immediate Past Chairperson|
|Shing Ping James CHIU||Committee Member|
|Wui Kei Roy CHENG||Committee Member|
|Yau Chuen Ivan CHEUNG||Committee Member|
|LING Chun Wai||Committee Member|
|Stanley LO||Committee Member|
|Gwun Ting LUNG||Committee Member|
|Wing Yan Winston SIU||Committee Member|
|King Chung Justin WONG||Committee Member|
|Mei Sze Clara YIP||Committee Member|
Chairpersons of the Mediation Interest Groups
The Hong Kong Mediation Council has active mediation interest groups in the areas of:
|Commercial Mediation||Ka Sing Vod CHAN|
|Construction Mediation||Stanley LO|
|Family Mediation||Yun Yee Lily LAI|
|General Mediation||Yan Yan Cindy FONG|
To find out more information about the activities of the various mediation interest groups, please contact the Chairpersons of the various interest groups by email email@example.com.